Sacred Heart School provides your child the opportunity to excel in classrooms with low student to teacher rations (20:1.) We provide a rigorous academic setting using California Department of Education approved textbooks and a dedication to learn by doing.
Our curriculum follows the Diocesan Curriculum Guide of which 85% is based on the California Standards. The Diocesan Curriculum Guide is available in the school office A legacy of excellence has been the hallmark of this institution since 1914. Our graduates very often finish in the top 20% of their high school classes.
- Pre-school, Pre-kinder and Kindergarten programs with "Zoophonics" based reading readiness
- Kindergarten Program is Tax Deductible
- Sacramental Preparation (2nd Grade+)
- Accelerated Math Program
- Accelerated Reading Program
- Computer Science Curriculum (4th-8th)
- Robotics Program (4th-8th)
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Advanced Algebra
- Imperial County Math Competition
- Science Fair
- Educational Field Trips
- Folkloric Dance class for all grade levels
- Guitar classes
- Violin classes
- Interscholastic Sports (5th-8th)
- San Diego Zoo Camp and Catalina Island Marine Institute (7th-8th)
Our preschool classes are limited to twelve students in each classroom where they are overseen by an Early Childhood Program accredited teacher. We have 2 day, 3 day and 5 day options available. Instruction revolves around age appropriate academic activities as well as our renowned "Zoophonics" reading readiness. The school day runs from 8:00 until 2:30 to match the same hours as older brother and sisters in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Children must be three years old by September 1st and be potty trained. Preschool tuition is tax deductible.